Everything you need to know about your exciting and unforgettable weekend in Austria’s most fascinating leisure destination is gathered for you within our event guide. Within the event guide you’ll find information about your ticket, the arrival plan and different options where to stay. In addition, you’ll find the timetable as well as many other interesting details about the "NeroGiardini Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich". Under "access criteria", you will furthermore find a list with all items that are permitted and not permitted at the event site.
TERMS & CONDITIONS - MotoGP™
It is a condition of public admission to the event MotoGP™ 2017 (“Event”) that all ticketholders comply with the following rules:
- The ticket is purchased for the Event. The date of the Event and/or the support program may be subject to change without refund of monies or exchange of ticket. No refunds or exchanges are available in respect of tickets unless the Event is cancelled. No booking charge will be refunded if the Event is cancelled. No tickets are transferable to other events. Tickets to the Event are strictly nontransferable and not for resale. No ticket for the Event shall be sold or offered for sale for any form of fee or reward without the prior written consent of the Promoter first being obtained and without complying with these terms and conditions in all respects. No ticket for the Event shall be used by any person for advertising, promotional or commercial purposes including without limitation, prizes, competitions, contests, sweepstakes or packaged with hospitality or other products without the prior written consent of the Promoter and Dorna Sports S.L. (“DORNA”) first being obtained. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to (or eject from) the Venue to any person (a) not complying with these terms and conditions or (b) who is in possession of a ticket which has been sold or used other than in compliance with these terms and conditions.
- For good and valuable consideration, which receipt is acknowledged, the ticket holder grants DORNA and the Circuit and their designees the right to use his/her image and/or likeness in any live or recorded display or other transmission or reproduction of the event, including without limitation his/her rights to publicity and/or commercial exploitation.
- You must not make, create, store, record or transmit any kind of sound recording, visual footage or audio-visual footage (Recording), or store, record or transmit any information or other data, including official timing results, performance, telemetry, weather or race control data (Data) of, at, or in relation to the Event. It is forbidden to take into the Venue any equipment that may enable you to do the aforementioned acts. Personal electronic devices (Including still image cameras, mobile telephones and other handheld personal communications devices) are permitted within the Venue unless otherwise advised, provided that any Recording, Data and any Image, including photographic Images and any still pictures derived or capable of being derived from a Recording (Image) of the Event that is recorded, stored and/or created thereon is used for personal, private and non-commercial purposes only.
- As a condition of entry to the Venue you agree that (a) the use of any such Recording, Data or Image for any form of public advertisement display, commercial gain or for any other purpose (except for your private enjoyment) without the prior written consent of DORNA is strictly forbidden and will constitute a breach of these terms and conditions for which you may be liable; and (b) on request by the Promoter or DORNA, you shall assign to DORNA in writing the copyright and all other intellectual property in any Image or Recording that you create, make, store or record of, at or in relation to the Event; and (c) you consent to the use by DORNA (and by any third party authorized by DORNA from time to time) for the purposes of or in connection with any publication, exhibition or broadcast (including any advertising or promotional literature, campaign or material) in any media worldwide and approved by DORNA at any still or moving picture images taken at the Event where such Image includes any image of you and you waive any and all of your personality and privacy rights to the extent necessary to permit such use.
- You hereby acknowledge that motor racing the Event and certain activities associated therewith (including without limitation, support events) are dangerous. The Promoter, sanctioning bodies, Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme, DORNA, IRTA and its affiliates, persons involved in the organization of the Event (including officials, marshals, rescue and medical staff), the competitors and drivers (such parties to include where relevant all directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and affiliated companies), are not responsible for any loss or damage howsoever caused to you or your property to the maximum extent permitted by Austrian law (save that nothing in these conditions limits or excludes (i) liability for death or personal injury arising out of the negligence of any at the above mentioned parties, or (ii) any dam age incurred by way of fraud or fraudulent misrepre sentation by any of the above mentioned parties).
- It’s forbidden to use the name of the Event or part thereof (nor any abbreviation or foreign language version thereof) nor any logo or graphic device of or relating to the Event for any commercial purpose without the prior written consent of DORNA.
- By accepting the ticket, the visitor of the venue submits to the site rules and the access criteria in its current version.
- For security measures, you may be refused admission to/removed from the Venue/searched by officials/ filmed by CCTV.
- GOVERNED LAW
These terms and conditions shall be governed by Aus trian law excluding the UN Sales Convention and the referral rules of Austrian private international law.
after careful consideration of a number of options, we have decided to go down a path that many other European organisers have already done: There will be no more cash around the ring (except for merchandising). Payment will only be possible by card. These will be issued directly at the grounds. Credit can be added on site using cash, debit card or credit card (Visa or MasterCard). The new technology offers a range of benefits, not least making payment on the grounds easier, quicker and safer.
DESCRIPTION OF TERMS:
Simply referred to as a “card” now. The card enables you to make cashless payments on site in the same way as using a debit card – except that this is easier and quicker.
You can add (= top up) the cards at our managed containers or have any remaining credit paid out. Every charging station also offers the option to ask questions about the system and handling problems. Our card crew will be happy to help you.
Each card has a unique card number / numeric code that is linked to your transactions.
ONLINE INFO PORTAL:
You can use the following link to see the credit available on your card and to call up your transactions: my.eventportal.io
A receipt complies with the provisions of current Austrian law in respect of cash register and receipt-giving obligations, and is issued online for every booking.
The card enables you to make payments on site in the same way as using a debit card. The card has a RFID chip. Credit is booked directly on to the card (see “How do I add credit to the cashless card?”).
Very easily: Collect your Spielberg cashless card on site at a charging station and top it up with the credit you want. A deposit of EUR 3 is charged for the card. Any payment made in the main area (except for merchandising) is handled using the card. Cash is not accepted anywhere.
Payment process: Hold the card to the payment machine, check the amount displayed and the bar personnel then confirms payment. Subsequent claims and cancellations cannot be accepted. The amount is deducted from the card’s credit. Only once the payment has been fully completed you will then receive the purchased product or service.
Tip: Before you get in line for the bar, for instance, make sure that you have enough credit on your card to avoid standing in line twice because you didn’t have enough credit. Each cashless card has a unique numeric code. Enter this code on my.eventportal.io and you can see your current credit balance and payment transactions (you need an internet connection). You can also retrieve your current credit balance from any managed charging station or from our catering employees.
You can get your card on site from any of our managed charging stations.
Yes, there is a deposit for the card: EUR 3 for each card. This amount is deducted immediately from the first top-up. This means that when you collect your card and top it up for the first time with EUR 100, you will be credited EUR 97. The remaining EUR 3 is retained as a deposit and blocked. The deposit will only be refunded when you return the card on site. The deposit can only be paid out in cash in return for the card. A retrospective refund is not possible.
You can top up the card on site at any charging station using cash or, sometimes, using a debit or credit card (Visa and Maestro). The top-up is deemed confirmed once the cash is handed over, the code is entered for debit card payments or a signature is given for credit card payments. In case of abuse of your debit card or credit card by a third party, only your bank will be able to help you in accordance with their general terms and conditions. You can also add new credit at charging stations. However, it makes sense to top up with a corresponding amount of credit (see “How much credit should I add? What makes sense?). If the visitor demonstrably accrues monetary advantages due to an operating error, the visitor shall not be authorised to spend this money. We retain the right to take corrective action as soon as the error becomes known.
“Your charging station to load cash!” – charging stations are specially marked and managed containers where you can collect your card, top up new credit, display your existing credit and be assisted with any questions you may have. You can find these at entrances to and exits from the grounds.
The charging stations are open at the same time as the ring area.
Each card has a unique numeric code. Enter this code on my.eventportal.io and you can see your current credit balance and payment transactions (you need an internet connection). You can also retrieve your current credit balance from any managed charging station or from our catering employees.
In principle there is no minimum top-up amount. However, it makes sense to charge enough credit to the card for the MotoGPTM. This will save you making unnecessary additional trips to charging stations. It will also make it unlikely that you get to the bar and realise when paying that you do not have any credit left (return to the back of the queue). You get your money back quickly and easily, which means that it is better to put a bit too much on rather than a bit too little (see “How do I get my money back?”).
Online pay out: You can have the remaining credit transferred back to your account online from the comfort of your own home after the MotoGPTM. Please remember that the option of having credit transferred back to your account will be active from Sunday, 14 August 2016. By this time, all transactions from the grounds will definitely be synchronised with the system. However, you must make the online transfer within the following two weeks (by 31 August 2016). When transferring credit back to an Austrian account, no fees or charges will be deducted. Transfer to an Austrian account may take up to five working days. In case of foreign accounts, we reserve the right to deduct any handling / service fees incurred. It may take anywhere between several days and weeks to transfer the credit back, depending on the country.
On-site pay out: You can also have your unused credit paid out at the grounds at one of the charging stations. However, we recommend taking advantage of the option to transfer the credit back online.
We ask for your understanding that, for cash pay outs, you may need to wait for a while at peak times. If, for reasons beyond our control, it is not possible to pay out the credit on site, it is still possible for you to take advantage of the option of having the amount transferred back online from the comfort of your own home. Please note that cash pay outs are only possible until everyone has left the grounds. The same also applies to returning the cards and claiming a refund of the card deposit (EUR 3.00). After this time, the only way to obtain any unused credit is to have it transferred online in the stated period as described above. It is not possible to claim a refund for the card deposit (EUR 3.00) when performing an online transfer.
The card system saves time, is easy to use and shortens waiting times for food and drink. Cash payments take longer, e.g. due to the need to give change. The card cuts service time to an absolute minimum. There is no need to have cash on your person all the time, while the system makes payment for visitors more secure, worry-free and transparent.
State-of-the-art technology and encryption techniques are used to protect the data and credit of the visitors. Reliability and data security are of utmost importance.
Every visitor is obliged to handle their card properly and with care. No liability can be assumed for the card being used improperly or neglected (e.g. damage / loss / theft) by the visitor.
It is practically impossible for the system to fail. As data is transferred via the mobile phone network, there is no need for special infrastructure. The system is professionally monitored online on a permanent basis. If the mobile phone network is disrupted or the internet fails on site, the system also has a reliable offline mode, making it fail-safe.
All transactions are performed in EUR only.
We want you to easily find your way around the Spielberg. For that reason, we have listed the most freqently asked questions about the MotoGP-weekend here.
There are plenty of ways to get to the Spielberg. We strongly recommend to leave your own vehicle at home and choose an alternative way to travel. You can find all your options HERE.
The traffic service by radiostation Ö3 offers frequent updates about the traffic situation. Also apps from ASFINAG and ÖAMTC offer information about traffic jams, accidents, construction sites, closed roads and places to have a break.
For a stress-free journey we recommend travelling by ÖBB-trains or bus. Postbus and Eventbus have special buses running just for MotoGP from all over Austria. For regional travel shuttle-busses will go from Knittelfeld train-station and Judenburg bus-station from Friday to Sunday between 7 am and 8 pm in regular intervals. From 8 pm to midnight there will be a night-shuttle. You can find further information in the Spielberg App or HERE.
If you still want to travel in your own car or motorbike we strongly recommend arriving as early as possible and try to be here before 07:30. Please note: Parking spaces on site are on grass only and can’t be used for camping. Information about the campsites is available HERE.
Parking areas are open from 5:00 a.m. from Thursday to Sunday and are located at walking distance from the Red Bull Ring. Visitors are entitled to use the parking areas on location free of charge (except buses and trucks).
Wheel chair users who have purchased a ticket for the start-finish grandstand are granted special parking rights allowing them to drive right up to the Red Bull Ring. An additional Info Point whose specially trained employees will help you with all your requests is located directly at the parking area for wheel chair users. The stand is equipped with a wheel chair ramp as well as toilets on the same level as the stand seats. Specially signposted parking spaces in all parking areas are available to all those who have purchased a ticket for disabled fans. Should you have any further questions please call +43 1 796 94 90 or write an e-mail to email@example.com.
Tickets for the "NeroGiardini Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich" are still available on-site. All the information regarding tickets is available here.
There will be no more cash around the ring (except for merchandising). Payment will only be possible by card. These will be issued directly at the grounds. Credit can be added on site using cash, debit card or credit card (Visa or MasterCard). The new technology offers a range of benefits, not least making payment on the grounds easier, quicker and safer.
- Get the Cashless Card at one of the charging stations. There is a € 3,- deposit.
- Get a balance on your card. You can use cash, an atm-card or a credit card (VISA, MASTER) for that.
- Show your card when you pay. The correct amount will be taken.
- You can always get information about your current balance at the charging station, when you buy food and/or drinks or at my.eventportal.io.
- At the end of the event you can easily get your balance back. Either by transfer from your home (only possible with a personalized card) or at one of the charging stations.
- Get all your receipts easily at my.eventportal.io.
The Spielberg App gives you direct access to Austrias loveliest playground. There are two sections in the app – one for Projekt Spielberg, one for motorsports. The Projekt Spielberg part gives you information region surrounding the Red Bull Ring including tips on hotels, restaurants and sights. In the motorsports-section you’ll find information about the “NeroGiardini Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich” – including traffic, programme, arrival or the current weather situation.
In the app you’ll see a tab called “Events” and in there a sub-tab called “MotoGP”. There everything is about the MotoGP-weekend at the Red Bull Ring. Social posts from our community as well as all the information about traffic, weather and the programme.
There are three cash-machines at the event-site: One in the Spielberg MotoGP Fan Village, one right of the main entrance of the voestalpine wing and another one in the Spielberg MotoGP Bike City. You can find the exact locations in the Spielberg App, the Event Guide or you can download the map HERE.
All seats are numbered. Please find information on your seat on your valid MotoGP-ticket.
The teams' merchandise stands are located at Spielberg MotoGP Bike City.
Audio description for visually impaired and blind persons is available. The action on the race track is presented by experienced commentators. The audio description is broadcast on radio frequency 101.2 Megahertz (MHz).
The track announcer will be broadcasted on frequency 97.2 MHz. Live commentary is available for all practise sessions and races and the programme can be received in the entire main grand stand area and beyond.
You can reach the information office at +43 3577 202 or firstname.lastname@example.org